Home Security tips by Cannock Locksmiths
7 Locksmith Hacks for your Home Security:
Here is some friendly advice that can potentially prevent a burglary:
- Always leave an outside light on - this is a signal that someone might be at home for any potential burglar that is thinking about breaking into your home. Being lit up and on is very off-putting as it increases their risk of being caught in the act.
- When you leave the house put on your radio - it gives the burglar a signal that someone might be at home and therefore can prevent them from trying to break into your home.
- Don't leave your curtains wide open - you're giving the burglar an opportunity to check whether you're home and to eye up potential loot. If he is not sure that there is any profit in breaking and entering, he will less likely risk himself, and will prefer to move on and try to break into another house.
- Do not inform friends through internet social sites such as Facebook or Twitter of any plans you may have for going away on holiday or on business vacation. The wrong people can find out when you are away from home and strike.
- Install a security system - this way you can ensure you did everything you can to protect your property. Just ask a Cannock locksmiths what is best for you and your family.
- When you leave the house, even for a little while, double check that you locked your door, and make sure all windows are closed and locked.
- Make sure your locks carry the British Standard kite mark.
For more advice call Cannock locksmiths anytime!